Friday, August 01, 2008

The Big Weekend

Well, this is day one of my town's All School Reunion. I didn't go on the road trip to Carlisle, nor did I attend the golf tournament. I did however go to the Meet and Greet tonight. It was FUN!

Oh, the people I have not seen in 10 years. Some, I haven't seen since they left on their missions or gone to college. It was nice seeing old faces. Some looked REALLY old.....where did the time go? Has it really been twenty-two years since I graduated from high school?

Tomorrow bright and early is the parade. My class had no float, but we managed to pull together a trailer and truck so.....I need to get busy making a few "Class of 86" posters. And I will get some balloons from the store in the morning. Then it's another meet and greet thing. Then class meetings. I can't do it at my house because Barry will be sleeping, so we may have to find a shady spot in the grass.

The weekend will officially end with a barbecue and then a dance. I am not going to either. I didn't register for the reunion. I just showed up. I didn't want to pay $65 for my family to eat barbecue. I will drive home and make dinner......because I finally live here and CAN drive home and make dinner LOL! The dance is also a no go for me. Barry will be working, I don't want to go alone, and I am not into the whole dance/fight/carouse thing that always seems to develop.

And the best part.......I achieved my goal of losing weight before reunion. I may not have been 125, but 135 was perfectly acceptable! It's been a year since I began my weight loss, and I am keeping it off. I feel pretty damned good about that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

reunions really scare me - like where do you start - after 20 plus years? lol Anyway - no one here has managed to co-ordinate one - suits me!! Hope you have a good time!

Anonymous said...

Nope...wouldn't go to my reunion...ever! But congrats to you on getting to go at a very nice weight! I haven't weighed 135 since before Hannah was born. Sigh.