Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Where I am at.....

It's been a long couple of days.

Barry agreed to move out of the Duncan house. He is staying at a friend's house, and the children and I have been back home since Sunday night. Barry asked for a "cooling off" period of separation. I wanted an immediate divorce, but have agreed to cool off and go from there.

I will be staying in Duncan. If/when we divorce, I am giving the Mesa house up to Barry. It's been an albatross around our necks for a long time. I wanted to unload it awhile ago, so Barry can have it. Duncan is my home. My family is here. My support is here. And the kids love it here.

I owe a lot of emails and calls. My phone is messed up. Barry cancelled my phone and then turned it back on. It hasn't been the same since. If you call me, you will get a message saying that the number is not in service. I, however, will get your call and be unable to hear anything you say. Text is working, so text me. Or email. I will get with everyone when I can. I have just been a little overwhelmed lately.

I am cleaning the mess that is my house today. Dishes hadn't been done since I left and there is laundry to do. Not to mention, unpacking everything I took to my mother's. Yesterday, nothing got done because I was at the Dr. I have an infected hangnail on my toe. And I had to drive the hour to Safford to the pharmacy. Wait time was an hour. Then the hour back. I was pooped when I got home, but I did do most of the dishes.

Where I am at emotionally is surprisingly good. This has been brewing off and on for years. The last year was good, but I wonder now if that was because Barry was gone for most of the year. Would it have been as good if we were together? He feels that the time apart was what brought us to this point.

I do not.

So there you have it.

4 comments:

kanagaroo said...

Dena,
I hope you are okay. I am so sorry. I hadn't checked your blog for awhile and just got on today. I hope whatever is best for you and the family works out. If you need a shoulder to cry on or you need to scream or laugh give me a call!

Thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

So sorry Dena....please know that I am thinking of you.

Hugs,
Holly

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, but I have been reading your blog for a long time and feel like I know you. I am so sorry to hear this news, but know that it is in God's hands and He knows what is best. You have a terrific family and they love you and will be there for you as will your friends, both online and in real life.
Thinking of you!

JoyFL

ZeeLV said...

A trial separation...gee isn't that what the past year pretty much was? Ohhh, the irony. Girl, you know I love you bunches and that I'm here for you. Big hugs!!!