Vacation Update
Well, our vacation plans have changed. Barry decided to go on the Scout trip with Cory in August. Which totally killed our Vegas plans. So...what to do?
Well, we are still doing Vegas. Just doing it sooner. And without Cory.
Cory leaves for Indiana tomorrow afternoon (which reminds me, get Cory up and packing). So any travel or activity we do will be while he is gone this summer. It's too late to go back in time and take vacation sooner. I take comfort in the knowledge that he does fun stuff while he's gone. And we do lots of road trips when he is home.
Anyway, my wedding anniversary is July 3. So, on the morning of July 3, we will begin our trip. Since Vegas rates on a Sunday are SKY HIGH! I got smart, and we will stay in Kingman, AZ. Whoopie! What is in Kingman? Not much, unless you are a geo-cacher. Then there is plenty. So with lots of water, sunscreen and hiking boots, we will search the desert. Then up early the next morning for the 4th of July Vegas Style! This should be fun! The almost year I lived in Vegas didn't include the 4th of July, so this will be a new treat for me. We will stay at the big monstrosity for the night of the 4th..and Barry doesn't know it yet, but I may just make reservations for the 5th too, There is a LOT that I want to do there, so I want to make sure I have time to do it all.
Now, what to get Barry for our anniversary? The obvious choice is a camera, since he always has mine at work. Either that or something from Harbor Freight. See, I know how to get my man all hot and bothered. I whisper sweet-nothings in his ear (such as air compressor, jigsaw, or engine hoist)
Off to make reservations!
2 comments:
Sounds like you will have a good time and I bet the fireworks are fab in Las Vegas....
Are you going to meet ZEE?
Or is that a dumb ?
Holy moly, geocaching in the middle of the desert in the middle of the summer...yeah, I'd say bring LOTS of water! And make sure your GPS has fresh batteries.
When you come up to Vegas on the 4th, hopefully you'll have time to come see lil ol' me for lunch or something? :)
Post a Comment