Stuff and Other Stuff
What a difference a week makes!!!! A week ago right now, I was sitting in this very spot, waiting for Harry to get here and angry because Barry had my camera and I couldn't take a picture of the arrival.
Now I have read the book, gone back and underlined passages I felt were crucial, written my notes in the margin, and gotten my new camera. I have no complaints!
I am getting to know my camera, and getting a feel for it. These are some pics I took of Daisy yesterday:

Daisy is fun to take pictures of because her smile is natural. It's never faked or posed. And she has all that hair to blow around and look floaty and feminine LOL!
Another new thing this week. Cory has a girlfriend. And he isn't 16 yet. Barry and I discussed how to handle this. We decided to allow him a little leeway (he will be 16 in 4 months). As long as he obeys the ground rules. No dating until after his 16th birthday (she just turned 16), but they can hang out together, go to each others houses, and basically be good friends. All it really means is that they will not be going to any formal dances until after Cory's birthday, which is fine because the dances don't begin until after his birthday anyway. I knew Cory was going to have a girlfriend before the magic birthday. Most kids do. But now, instead of him sneaking around, I can supervise the situation. Well, a little anyway LOL! I haven't forgotten myself at that age.
And I really like this girl. I've never met her, but I like her. How can I say this you ask? Well, remember myspace.com? Where Cory has his blog. Well, she showed up recently, leaving messages and comments for my son. But unlike the other hoochie mama's that were leaving messages....she isn't a hoochie!!! YAAYYYYY! She is LDS, and she is smart, and cute and gets good grades, and doesn't dress like a streetwalker. THANK GOODNESS! :)
Funny thing though, now that it's an official thing for these two, the hoochie mama who liked Cory early in the summer has made a return. Ah...the drama of teen life!
And my baby will be home a week from tomorrow. At 11pm. I have already committed to taking some of the dudes to the airport with me. I think I am going to regret it!
5 comments:
What pretty picture of DAISY~
& how exciting for Cory. A new girlfriend!
And Thank you for you know what!
Having fun with your new toy, I see! Looks GOOD! (That Daisy...what a cutie!!) Oh, and I know what you're secretly thinking about the new girlfriend...new scrapping potential!!!
Oh so very much to say to you! haha I've been MIA and just now am catching up with your blog... the camera? oooh I'm so excited for you! What a great surprise for you... him's a good guy... even if he is a fugitive! haha The photos are fantastic! Gotta love them Olympus's hey? The new girlfriend? Oooh I'm not sure what to say... exciting for Cory, nerve wracking for the parents. I'm so glad that you approve of her and that she sounds like a nice girl. That sure must put your mind at ease.
Oh, please take photos of the dudes at the airport! *lol*
love, me <><
great photos! Congrats on the new camera :)
Post a Comment