Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Relax!

That's just what I did today. For the most part anyway. I did take my nap, but it was only a 30 minute nap. That is a good length. I read somewhere that if you take a nap, 20-30 minutes will refresh you, but any longer and you will be groggy.

I am reading a wonderful book. It's Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand, and it's the book that the recent movie was based on. WOW, what a wonderful read! I saw the movie at a hotel in Yuma while Barry was in jail. Wonderful movie too. I just love horses. I had one briefly when I was younger. I am a pitiful horsewoman though. I am the shame of the family! I can barely ride, but I really do love it. My father's family has raised and trained horses for years. Some, like my dad, just did it on a smaller scale. Dad used to break horses when he was younger. His bones just won't allow him to any longer. He did it one more time about 15 years ago, and he dearly loved that horse. My great-uncle and much of his progeny have been professional horse trainers on the racing circuit for years. I still remember all of the racetrack folk who came to Uncle Pug's funeral when he died 20 years ago. They were a colorful bunch! LOL! I think that I may start going to a local stable and riding. Just once in awhile. While the kids are at school. Just for me!

Got another status update on the loan. They are pulling new credit bureau reports. Why? Good question. It seems that if Barry's FICO has gone up just 2 points since the first was pulled (2 months ago) then we will qualify for an even better loan. While I appreciate the effort, I would really prefer to just get on with it. But what's done is done. So the waiting continues.

Things to be grateful for today: my family is healthy and safe, the Honda is still running, I fixed the freezer door so it won't keep popping open when the fridge door is shut, my new Creating Keepsakes came today, All of the kids have new cleats, shin guards and their uniforms are right where I can find them, and Cory is feeling happier and it not feeling so blue these days.

1 comment:

ZeeLV said...

I've heard all about that whole 30-minute-nap-thing...I can never stick to it though! If no one is here to wake me up, I can take a two hour nap EASY! Zzzzzzzzzz:)