Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Time: Never Enough!

Today's Highlights:

12:00 to 3:00-create new email distribution lists for each team. Finish the snack schedules, and gather any other needed forms. PDF all of the documents into one file. Send to newly created email lists.

3:30-gather up as many plastic grocery bags as I can find. Then sort through all of the uniforms for Emily's and Will's team's. Sort by size/number and place each individual uniform in a plastic bag. Label each bag with the number of the jersey within. Then bag all of the smaller bags into one big bag per team.

4:30- print up extra team info packets for anyone who didn't give me an email address to send the information. Staple together and put in the appropriate team bag.

5:00-rush Emily to practice. Give directions on how to pass out the uniforms to another mother who was there, because I have to go to another practice.

5:30-walk Will down to his practice (fortunately just at the end of the block). Repeat uniform distribution directions to the coach's wife because I have to go back to the first practice. Walk home and send Daisy off to keep an eye on her brother.

6:00-arrive to pick up Emily. Practice runs long, so I end up doing the distribution myself. Impress everyone with my remarkable organizational skills. Shock the bloody heck out of myself that I have this so well organized, as organization is not my strong suit. It's not even on the list of qualities I can even pretend to have.

7:00-Leave to take Cory on the 20 minute drive to his 7:30 practice. Yes, 20 minutes! 15 if I drive like a wild woman. And I don't want to be late or Cory will have to run extra laps.

7:20-realize that Cory forgot to get a water bottle. Drop him off and head to the Kwicky Mart.

7:30-deliver the water and kick back to watch practice for a few minutes, while Daisy chases the bunnies that live around the edge of the field. She also takes the opportunity to kick as many mushrooms as she can find. And they were big suckers too!

8:00-take Daisy to Target to get the needed supplies for her ELP project which is due tomorrow.

8:30-swing past Wendy's because we haven't had dinner yet. Then back to practice. I watch practice and again marvel at how talented Cory is. I have missed watching him play. As I watch him play, I realize that I am feeling happy, and positive, and not the least little bit depressed. My Mojo is coming back! God Bless Soccer!!!

9:00-practice ends, and the drive home begins. One stop along the way to get Cory a burger.

9:30-home again. Help Daisy finish her project

10:08-update my blog, and begin the long process of getting the kids, who are up way past bedtime, into bed and asleep.

Sometime later in the night-finally get to bed myself. I am aiming for Midnight, but I worry that I am being optimistic,

6:00AM tomorrow-wake up and begin another day.

Tomorrow, I am going to take nap. I am going to turn off the phones and sleep. And I only have one practice to go to tomorrow! With 2 on Thursday. Then all 4 games on Saturday. It's a good thing that I am a Soccer Fanatic, or this could get old really fast!

And how was your day?

1 comment:

janna said...

WOW you are busy!!!
YOU GO GIRL