Tonight's the Night!
Nip/Tuck returns tonight. I have my reminder set on the cable box. As if I would forget, but better safe than sorry. Who is The Slasher? How bad was the attack on Christian? What's up with Julia & Sean? Is Matt still hot for the transgender hottie? I just can't wait for the answers to all of these questions.
Soccer went well this weekend. Daisy, Will, and Cory's teams each won. Em's team gave a valiant effort. I took my squirt bottle of sunblock with me. I reapplied often, And I still managed to burn a little. But nothing serious and it was a good day. I had a nice visit with my friend Caroline while our girls played. We talked about my Social Anxiety Disorder. It seems that a lot of my anxiety (feeling as if I said or did the wrong thing, wondering if I came across as an idiot, etc.) is felt by others too. And apparently I come across as very no-nonsense, normal, and self-assured!!! WTH!!! I am so blown away. I have been struggling for so long with feelings of dorkitude that I cannot seem to see myself any other way. But others do. And if I can just accept this, then maybe it can become my reality too. Does that make sense?
I had one of those moments that just make you giggle at church on Sunday. I was teaching the lesson, and one of the girls in my class made a totally unrelated comment about babies coming from the mother's tummy. The kids frequently throw comments like this out there for no other reason than it popped into their heads. Well, another girl got very excited when she heard this comment, and took it upon herself to correct this bit of misinformation. She shouted out.
Babies don't come out of the tummy, they come out of the Mommy's CROTCH!I really REALLY had to work to keep a straight face. And it was the way this sweet little five year old said the word 'crotch' that just had me cracking up inside. Imagine a sweet faced, precious little girl with long blond hair and big brown eyes who looks like an angel, sounding like a sailor. It was too funny,
While we were at church, another friend asked if we wanted to have her old, solid oak entertainment unit. Well YESSS!!!! They dropped it off last night. It looks exactly like the cheap particle board unit I had when Barry and I got married. except that it is real oak and well made. I am going to miss the little TV cart we were using though. It was on rollers and I would turn it toward my desk so I could watch TV while I scrapped and worked. I am a true multi-tasker. I scrap, watch TV, read, and play Mille Bornes all at the same time. My dh doesn't understand how I do it. It's easy though. I am a mother. I have learned to spread my attention.
I also have a class to take tonight and tomorrow night. I promised to take the referee class and get re-certified. We have to supply the ref when we are the home team for Will's team and Daisy's. I'll do it. All you have to know at that age is: when are they offsides...this is the one that causes the most trouble for people, but I understand offsides so no problem, And of course hands/out of bounds/keeper can't pick up the ball outside the goal box, etc. The easy stuff. I WON'T be reffing the older kids games. At least not yet. Maybe next year. And never Cory's. Way Way Way too complex and serious. And I don't want parents getting in my face.
The loan went to docs finally. I am hoping it was last night, but probably today. It took longer to get the paperwork organized. Once they are off, it only takes a day, and they are emailed back to the loan officer. We sign. Then there is a 3-day right of refusal period (Common when you are getting cash out. It is for the benefit of the borrower to make sure you aren't being pressured into taking a loan that is not in your best interest.) Then the payout. So Monday of next week is the day. Cross your fingers. Especially since Barry already bought his car.
Yes, he did. He went on E-bay and bought a car. He was directed to this car by his friends in the Honda forum. It already has the V-tec engine and all of the other hi performance parts. It is pretty dang sharp. My dh and his Honda Civics! He used to be a VW Bug man, but a lot of former Bug men are now going Honda. Even one of his former parts places is now Honda, He and the owner discussed the fact that the Civic is the new Bug. Frankly, I'm glad. I just never had luck with aircooled Vw"s in the Arizona heat.
Wow, I have really chattered on and on here. If you're still with me, thanks for letting me bend your ear! LOL!
1 comment:
Mommy's CROTCH bets out the Killer fart in my primary class!!! LOL
Have fun at your class tonight!!
And we have the fake wood tv stand.....
Post a Comment