Friday, September 16, 2005

The Weekend is Here!!

Which doesn't really mean relaxation for me. Here is he schedule for tomorrow. Emily's game is at 8:30 but we have to be there at 8:00. And remember it is a 20 minute drive to the soccer complex. Cory's game is at 10:30, be there at 9:45, and his game is in another town, 30 minutes away from the soccer complex. Then it is back to the soccer complex for Daisy's game at 11:30. I am going to have to find someone to watch her at the complex, because Cory's game won't be over until 11:45. And Daisy has the snack, so I HAVE to be there by halftime. Then, Daisy's team has the info table from 12:30-1:30, and I am volunteering for that. Will's game is at 1;55, Somewhere in the middle of this, I have to squeeze lunch in.

In preparation for tomorrow, I have already packed my sunblock. Even my ears are peeling from last weeks sunburn! Wanna hear something gross???? I LOVE peeling my skin after a sunburn. Is that just warped or what? LOL!

I took Barry to Bookman's Used Books tonight. I treated us to a book buying spree. I got a bunch of books that I have already read, but love to read over and over. So much so, that the old ones had been long destroyed from use. I also got 'The Idiots Guide to Parenting Teens'. And.,...this is so cool....I got a Jan/Feb 1997 issue of Creating Keepsakes. It came with an insert of die cuts, which are all intact. I was looking through the layouts and just howling at what we thought was cool then. I cringe when I see my layouts from then, but we all did it that way (silhouettes, lots of pen work and hand drawn embellishments and lettering, STICKERS!!!) Oh my goodness, this has been so fun to look at. This is going into my collectible magazine file with old Star Trek Uniform Specification books, and Enterprise blueprint magazines, old TV guides and my centerpiece....The Foo Fighters Tour Book from the One by One tour. I am such a nerd!!!!!

We got some Truth-in-Lending paperwork in the mail from the underwriter today. Barry signed it all and sent it off. Sometime next week if all goes well, I will be in my new van. And I am again considering a Grand Caravan. At this point, I'll take anything that will hold all of my kids, runs smoothly, has air conditioning, and has a decent stereo system.

Cory is grounded for a bad progress report (see the Idiot's Guide above). How in the name of all that is Holy can someone be failing Driver's Ed and Beginner's Guitar? I mean, come on!!!!!!! I keep telling Cory that there is a paper hat and a name tag in his future if he doesn't get with the program. But he lies and tells me he has done his homework, when he hasn't. And then he gets grounded....then brings his grades up....then gets off grounding...then starts failing again. It is a never-ending cycle and I am just sick of it. I am going to have to ground him permanently to keep him in line. I really hate having to do this, but I am at my wit's end. This child used to be in the gifted program, and now he is failing Drivers Ed!!!!

Actually, Cory is my Karma. I never, EVER did my homework from about 7th grade on, but I scored so well on tests, that I never failed a class. I was just sure that I was too smart to need the extra work, as my test scores attested to. And now, I am paying for my arrogance. Cory doesn't know this though. Imagine how much worse he would be if he knew I did the same thing!

So, I should be going to bed. I have an EARLY morning tomorrow. Enjoy sleeping in, for all of you who get to.

2 comments:

ZeeLV said...

Holy Planetary-Alignment, Batman!! Do you know, about two hours ago tonight DH and I finished having the "you're grounded" speech with Josh. Reason? Yep, grades. He's only been in school a month and already he's received four F's in math which were "earned" for missing assignments. Sheesh. So, we too, had the "paper hat and name tag" conversation. Weird!

And no, peeling sunburned skin isn't gross...it's ZEN! Good luck this weekend with that whole soccer mom thing. Crazy woman!

janna said...

Have fun today!