Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Amazing What You Can Find When You Clean!

I am in deep cleaning mode and REALLY paring down!

I am cleaning off my desk to give it to Barry, and I am going to the laptop. And I will have to (SOB!) get rid of some of my older copies of Creating Keepsakes. Why am I holding on to copies from 3 years ago?? It's just so hard to let go of them. What if I feel the need to be inspired?? But truthfully, I haven't looked at the older ones in a long time. So I will save a year, maybe 2, and that's it.

I also decided it was time to go through some old discs. Yes, old floppy's that had pictures taken years ago on our first digital camera, the Mavica. I just finished transferring them to my hard drive, and I will burn them to DVD. I was amazed at some of the pictures that I hadn't seen in ages. I scrapped what I wanted at the time, but I am looking at the pictures through fresh eyes and seeing all new possibilities. It helps that my kids are all 5 years older and the changes inspire so many thoughts and feelings.

I guess I found my inspiration.

But all of this will have to wait. The countdown is 50 minutes give or take until the Nip/Tuck season finale!!!! OH I AM GIDDY!!!!

4 comments:

janna said...

I have piles of old magiznes.
Family Fun & People Mag.
I hate throwing them away too...

They are Bathroom Books....... LOL
& once they get wet out they go!!!

I cannot wait to see the old picture scrapped!
Have a good day... night...

Jo said...

add me to the magazine junkie list. You should see my stack or stacks as they are. Ah. well least dh will have fuel for the burn barrell next spring:)

Anonymous said...

Oooh I should be doing that too. I've been in the doldrums for so long now but catching up reading your blog has started to make it sink in that I have to do something to make the change too. Thanks so much for your honesty. I sure enjoyed the connection this morning. and you didn't even know I was plugged in, did you? haha

ZeeLV said...

Holy moly...Nip/Tuck! Was that a blast or what?