Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Brrrrrrr!

It wasn't quite as cold this morning. Only 39 degrees when the kids left for school. But still, it was pretty cold again. I went to Sprawlmart last night to look for coats. And they had...nothing. Well, next to nothing. See....even Sprawlmart knows that there is no need for coats in Arizona. I found a more substantial jacket for Em, along with a touk and gloves. A down vest (and she is wearing a hoodie underneath) along with a touk and gloves for Daisy, and for Will.....we had to go to the toddler section. We got him a coat that barely barely fits in a 4t. Well...maybe fits is stretching it a little. It would be safer to say, it will do in a pinch, but we will need to get him another one soon. No gloves to fit Will. He will have to have cold fingers until I can get to another store, or order online.

And you know what will happen. I know because it ALWAYS happens. By the time I get my kids all prepared for the unusually cold weather, it will go away. And it won't return until everyone has outgrown their new winter duds.

Such is life in the desert. The only season you can ever be ready for is Hot. (Since we only have 2 seasons here. Hot and Less Hot)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look like cute little snow bunnies!

Jo said...

lol~they ARE cute:) Love the looks on their faces! I'm so used to cold winters~I actually prefer it over the heat, course our heat is a disgusting, dripping, humid kind! Anyway it's 21 degrees today was 11 last night and none of mine care~they can't wait for the big snow we're supposed to get tomorrow!! I kinda hope we do get that snow!! Good photo op!;)

ZeeLV said...

Hey neighbor! I can SO relate!! Your cold snap and my cold snap happened at the same time, I think, LOL. We were caught without a heavy jacket for Josh so he went to school in a hoodie sweatshirt. And did the boys go and get one this past weekend when I was working on Rocky? Of course not. So at this point, unless it starts snowing like crazy here, Josh will continue to wear the sweatshirt. The kiddies look SO cute!! :)