Saturday, February 18, 2006

Sweet Charity

I used to be so jealous of my younger sister. People always seemed to give her things. Furniture, clothes, cars....whatever. If someone was getting something new, they always gave her the old. And everything she got was always in great condition.

Fast forward to now. Suddenly...I am the recipient of stuff. Friends from church gave me the wonderful oak entertainment center. Then my aunt gave me bookshelves that matched the entertainment center. I have all of this great new (to me) furniture. And this week....the couple that gave me the entertainment center....gave me a BEAUTIFUL blond hard wood dining table and matching corner hutch. ITS FREAKING GORGEOUS!!!! Then, after we got that home, they called and asked if I wanted a futon! We do, and so we got it. Now I have more furniture than I have house! And my house isn't small to start!

So today...I am just going to sit. And try to figure out where everything goes.

4 comments:

ZeeLV said...

Wooohooo! Love new(-ish) furniture! Bask in the sweetness, you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Good for you!! Nice things happen to nice people, my dear!!

janna said...

OH, I am jealous. But, congrats!!!
You desire to be on the receiving end once in awhile!

janna said...

(Deserve)