A Trip to the Zoo

We went to the zoo for Willy's belated birthday party. But due to some mix-ups and problems, only one friend was able to join us. 2 others may have come, but everything was a mess on the way to the zoo. The freeway from our neighborhood to the zoo was closed, which caused us to be late. The others RSVP'd, but if they hit the closure as we did, they may have assumed we weren't waiting and gave up. We did end up waiting, because the boy who did come, just showed up at our house at 11. Fortunately Barry was home because unfortunately, he was recovering from a 12 hour stomach bug that has made the rounds in our house. Anywhooo, Barry brought Cam, and all was well. Daisy and Will just blew bubbles until Cam arrived, and they had a wonderful time.
When we got in the zoo, I decided to take the tram. I just didn't see myself walking all over the zoo with 3 wild children. And the kids loved the tram anyway. They saw all of the major animals (including the male lion who was on his back, sunning himself, and displaying his "junk" to the world. TOO funny, trust me!)
Then we went to the kids zoo where they dug for worms and brushed some goats.
We traveled from there to the Enchanted Forest, which is the name for the playset the kids could climb on, and we finished our zoo trip to one of the gift shops. It is a Build-a-Bear style hut, where kids can stuff their own animals. But there is no fancy stuffing machine, so I ended up hand stuffing a few bears for the kids.
On the way home we stopped at McDonald's, which I hate but which has a playplace, because I was STARVING hungry. Now I am home and too exhausted to sleep. How can a person be too tired to sleep. I know it happens, and I know why it happens...adrenaline and all....but it seems really dumb to me!
4 comments:
Sounds like you had fun in the end!
LOL, lion junk! LOL!!!
I LOVE zoos - sounds like a perfect day!! "Lion Junk" - LOL!!
I like to go to the zoo too! Great photos! Looks like a super fun day for your little guy!
Post a Comment