Thursday, March 02, 2006

Ultrasound Morning

I was up at 5am to get ready for my ultrasound. I got to the doctors office on time, with my full bladder. I picked up my paperwork and walked across the street to the hospital...where I waited and waited and waited. With a full bladder. After waiting for 30 minutes, I asked how long it would take. The technician was in the ER and it was going to be another 30 minutes.

I went to the bathroom.

Afterward I started to refill my bladder. And just when it was getting uncomfortable again, the tech showed up.

We went back to the room, where she looked at the baby and said I wasn't far enough along to get all the info. Why did they Dr schedule me so early?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I knew I was right about my due date. I knew that I was only 15 weeks and 6 days along. But, of course, no one listens to me. How on earth can we expect a mother to know for certain when her last period was??

I know...it had to be done early because I am so big with no weight gain. Ok, Ok...I will calm down.

So from today I got to:

A. see my baby
B. confirm my due date
C. reschedule my ultrasound for March 27


Oh, and I got one more piece of info. Thanks to everyone for crossing everything....There is only one baby. That wind you felt this morning was no wind at all, but rather my gusty sigh of relief!

7 comments:

janna said...

To early for girl or boy parts....

But, I am glad for you and your family that "IT" is just one not two!

janna said...

To early for girl or boy parts....

But, I am glad for you and your family that "IT" is just one not two!

Anonymous said...

I remember the whole full bladder ultrasound thing! It's so uncomfortable when you've gotta go! Keep us posted at the end of March when you get your next one!

Anonymous said...

Oh GEE!! All that horrible full bladder for nothing it seems!! Glad, that there is only one little beanie for ya'!! Keep us posted - the end of March will be here before we know it!!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh good... now I can finally uncross all my appendages. Whewwww.... it was getting hard to bathe myself and do dishes and whatnot. Glad you're happy!

Anonymous said...

They sure like to torture full bladdered pregnant women, don't they? I'm sure there is some sort of conspiracy here.

I can't wait for your next one.

maya

Jo said...

Whew!! Only 1 heh?? Well you sound like your gonna be like I was with Hannah~HUGE!! lol~she was a big one:)