Saturday, April 22, 2006

No Tombstone.....But I'm Too Cold to Care!

We decided not to go to Tombstone. The last time I was there (20 years ago) Everything was free. Not so now. And I didn't want to pay! It's not that I'm cheap....well, maybe I am a little.....But I didn't see paying to see a ghosttown. We will go another day, when we have planned a whole round of Southern Arizona events.

I did take the kids on a picnic though. A quick stop at Sonic for some Wacky Packs, and then off to the park. It was very nice in the shade, but the kids complained that it was hot on the playground.

I came home to a very unpleasant surprise. Our one remaining air-conditioner (the downstairs unit) is dying. It was blasted hot today!! The repairmen can replace our units....but the new units won't be here till mid-May. By then.....I will be a fried and crispy little piece of bacon. So they are coming out on Tuesday to try to repair our existing units while we wait. If that fails, they are going to find us a temporary loaner unit. But what to do about today???? Central air is a MUST in the desert. And especially in a 2300 SqFt house! Well, Barry went on Craig's List and found a window unit with 9000 BTU's that was in our price range. It will cool my bedroom and help to cool the rest of the upstairs. It will do nicely until Tuesday. And after that....it is mine to keep me extra-cool while I am pregnant. My husband has earned a snuggle or two, don't you think??? :)

2 comments:

janna said...

Sorry about your AIR!!!

Jo said...

Oh yuck about the air! Been there done that. Our central unit was hit by lightning when I was 8mths. pregnant with Hannah in late June...summer in Ky. is no picnic without air~we might not have the incredible heat you all do but it's almost impossible to breath because of the humidy. Your wet even after drying off after a shower! I used to lay in bed with a cold wet rag on my head and chest. It was hell. Hope you get it workin'!!