Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Goodbye Margo

Today was the funeral. It is also Barry's birthday. An odd juxtaposition. Barry and I went to the funeral. And afterward, we went to lunch together to celebrate his birthday, but we also spent a lot of time talking about Margo and how she had touched our lives. Barry was a lot more affected by her death than I was aware of. I almost didn't want to go to the funeral. In my overly-emotional pregnant state, I was afraid I would be a mess. But I got through with no more tissues than most people. The service was very beautiful. Margo was beautiful. And I could tell that she was there with us. That was comforting. So, it's been said before....but it bears repeating.....hug your loved ones. Let them know that you love them. Never let the opportunity to act in service toward someone else pass you by. Margo lived by these rules. I hope that I can do better to follow in her Christlike example.

6 comments:

janna said...

Happy B-day Barry
& Hugs about your neighbor's passing.

Oh, I have bee a mushy mess lately. One of my 2 living Grandma's is on her death bed and the other one has just been DXed with cancer for the 2nd time in her life...

HOoo HUummm :(

janna said...

I forget the {n} in BEEN

Anonymous said...

So sorry for you guys about your friend - she most certainly was a beautful lady. Take good care.

Jo said...

So sad. She was sooo beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! She was beautiful... inside and out, I bet. Bless your heart!

Thriftin and Craftin said...

I'm so sorry you lost your beautiful friend! She was GORGEOUS!!!! What a beautiful photo!