Sunday, May 07, 2006

Mom!!!! The House is on Fire!!!!

Those words struck terror into my heart yesterday. Fortunately....it was easily put out, and not that big. I was sitting in my room celebrating NSD by doing some pages. Emily came in to tell me that she smelled candles burning. When she mentioned it...I sniffed....and smelled the same thing. And yet, I had no candles burning. So Em went looking for the source of the smell, and when she found it, she came running. Poor child was terrified. For that matter, so was I! Cory's room seemed to be on fire, if the shadows coming from his room were any indicator. Yet, I smelled no smoke, nor heard any flames. When I reached his room, I saw that there were flames. They were on his desk in an area about 6 inches in diameter and the flames were about 6 inches high. They were in a pool of wax from a giant candle that Cory had apparently lit and left burning when he left the house.

I blew the "fire" out.

And then.......I called Cory. I reamed him up one side and down the other. A. he always "forgets" to close things, lock doors, turn of lights etc. He has ADD and refuses to take medication. and B. What in the name of Zeus does he need to have a candle lit in his bedroom in the middle of the day for? What does he need one at all for that matter. He came home early to show he was sorry for his actions. And he cleaned the family room (which desperately needed cleaning). I forgave him, but he is banned from all pyrotechnic devices!

And then I went back to scrapping. I even allowed him to bring the girlfriend over to watch movies (thereby forgoing the SBB crop with LeeAndra that I wanted to do). I got several pages done for the holiday. Some VERY VERY simple (I needed some Cory pages so I just threw some together) and a few that required some work. The Sea World page looks simple, but actually took the longest. And the page of Cory and McKenzy took awhile because I had to figure out how to get rid of eyeglass glare on the picture (a new one for me) So here are the pages.....and I am going to decide whether to go to church or not today. I know I have been bad....but my butt always hurts SOOOOOOOOO bad after sitting for more than 45 minutes. Maybe I need to convert to some religion that doesn't meet for 3 hours every Sunday. (But only until the baby comes LOL!)


4 comments:

janna said...

Love your new pages Dena!!!
And I am glad the fire was small and controllable.

I hear you with the 3 hr thing.
2 hours with starving 7 & 8 year olds can get old real fast....
Not to mention my Brittany my handicap child lifting up her dress several time to pull up her tights.... I wish I had stayed home too.....

Anonymous said...

Do you think Cory's gf looks like Ali Edwards?! I sure do! How fun!

I love your Cory pages. Very masculine with the black, but still so fun.

I missed you at the crop!! But I guess it's okay that your kids come first. ;)

love, me <><

Anonymous said...

WOW - glad your "fire" was caught in time - boy that must have been scary!! I LOVE your last few pages though - Cory and girlfriend really are a sweet looking couple!!

ZeeLV said...

Phew, glad your fire wasn't any bigger than it was! I see SOOO many fires come through here at work that start out because a candle was left unattended. Very scary business. Loving the pages!