Monday, July 31, 2006

Why Husbands Should Be Kept in the Dark

I made a mistake. After my last ob appointment, I related a story to my dh. I was discussing my pelvic problems with my nurse, and she mentioned that her friend also has SPD. During the friend's last labor, her pubic bone cracked! OUCH! With the c-section, not a problem I need to worry about, so I felt ok telling Barry the story. (To explain once again, just how REAL my pain is)

Cut to this morning. I am in my bed, and Snickerdoodle is in the recliner next to me. I am sleeping like a baby, something I rarely do these days. Barry wakes up because I start doing labor panting. And I have my legs spread and up in the air. Mind you, I am still asleep. So he tries to wake me, because he also hears this horrible popping. He thinks the baby is coming out, and that my bones are breaking. I, in my babylike sleep state, continue to sleep and pant at the same time. The popping is still happening. Finally he manages to rouse me, and of course I have no idea what he is talking about. Apparently, I was either dreaming labor, or having a BH contraction in my sleep. No big deal, I reassure him. But what about the popping? Well, Snickerdoodle was apparently also roused by my panting. She was stretching in the recliner and her claws were popping the chair cushion. Poor Barry. It just scared the bejeezus out of him :)

I did laundry all weekend long. I got my burst of energy. And I am having hourly BH contractions that are getting more and more intense. I am not at all sure I am going to make it till the 14th. I hope I do. I am still restless today, but from all the laundry and bending and folding this weekend. I am wiped out today. I finally got Barry to give me a massage, "down there" No....dirty minds...not that. I am so sore from this baby being engaged, and from the SPD that I was begging for some relief. When he felt the knots on the insides of my thighs, he realized that I am dead serious when I say this hurts like a B!T(H!!!!! Oh, and Cory freaked out when I screamed bloody murder as the baby kicked my ovary while I was driving him out today. And she then kicked it repeatedly until I got out and walked around. Cory did this to me also, and he is a magnificent soccer player. Maybe....this one is too!!

4 comments:

ZeeLV said...

Oh YOWZA...that's totally freaking me out!!!

janna said...

Not much longer!!!

Anonymous said...

So sorry that you are so uncomfortable right now Dena!! But, one look into those eyes is all it will take to know it was so worth it!! Take Care!

Anonymous said...

Poor Barry!

I can just imagine how scary that must've been for him. Hope you get some relief soon!