Oh What a Night!
Around 2 this afternoon, I started having contractions every 20 minutes. No big deal, but after 2 hours, I though I should call the Dr. They told me to wait until they were closer together and then go to Labor & Delivery. The contractions slowed, so I didn't do anything. Another 90 minutes passed, and the Dr's office called back and asked me to go to L&D for a labor check, "just to play it safe". If anything is happening, they were going to move me up on the schedule.
Well, I get there at 6PM and get all hooked up. I find out that all of those horrendous BH contractions I was having....the ones that felt like the real thing....they WERE the real thing. I had many, but they were pretty insignificant. The Dr ordered a shot to stop contractions, and it worked. For about an hour, maybe longer. And then they came back. And they are more significant. To make matters worse, Molly appears to be squeezing her umbilical cord. So I have to stay longer for observation because of her dropping heart rate. Finally around 9 pm, the Dr decides that Molly is fine, and sends me home. He sends me home with 2 Ambien in my system. Oh, and I was barely dilated. Nothing to them, but to me....it's progress. You see, I don't dilate, at all. Not until I go into labor and even then it is a long long painful process. So for me to be dilated even a measly fingertip...this is good.
As you can tell by the time of my post, the Ambien has worn off :) So, I am up and moderately alert. But I will be asleep again by 8AM. It was quite a night.
4 comments:
WOW~ it is coming..... fast....
Oneword to bring on contractions....
Breastpump
I'll bet you'll be sooo glad to get this baby born!!! Hang in there girl:)
Wow, you're just about there! :)
That must've been scary. Hang in there. She's almost here!
Post a Comment