Going Insane (Well...More Insane)
How do you make a baby eat? I have never experienced this before. All of my other kids had no problems. They got hungry, they ate, they gained weight. Molly doesn't. She has no interest in eating at all. I have to fight her to get the requisite number of ounces in her daily. I walk, rock, bounce, dribble, pour...whatever it takes to get the milk in her. And it is wearing me out! She takes an ounce every 2-3 hours willingly. After that, she could care less. And if she doesn't get the right amount, she loses weight. If she had her choice, she would drink approximately 7 ounces a day. She needs 21!!!!! ARGGHHHHHH! I have tried every trick I know. Tickling under her chin, moving the bottle in and out, we are even using the easy flow hospital nipples still. Does anyone have any other ideas??? We are almost ready to find out if she has a palate problem that is inhibiting her sucking.
I ended up refereeing Willy's soccer game last night. I was a little slow to start, but when I warmed up it was fun. I was so sure I wouldn't be able to ref that it was nice to jump into it. We had to drive to GLOBE!!! for Cory's game today. It's a 90 minute drive (which I did in 60) one way. I must truly love soccer to make that drive with a baby!
Here is the latest page I have managed. I will be blurfing sometime within the next day or two. Whenever I can get a break from feeding Molly. (I scrap from 12AM to 1AM after she falls asleep). This page is a scraplift because I have no creative energy! 
3 comments:
Well that little stinker!! lol Wish I knew a trick or 2 but I don't. Joe was a slower eater than the others but I didn't have that much of a problem. I do remember that he seemed to drink more formula than breast and since I was concerned about his weight I nursed then gave him a bottle of formula in the same feeding. Hope she gets a little more hungry for ya soon...hang in there.
I don't have any advice - but know that I think of you and Miss Molly LOTS!!
She is so dang cute!!!
GLOBE~ BFE and my Aunt lives there.
Post a Comment