Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Geez...is it November already????

Routine. Humdrum. Same'ole Same'ole.


With a few exceptions. Bumps to jar the rut I am in.


Molly is on formula only now. I decided that 3 months was long enough to pump. And she never could get the hang of nursing. She just has a weak suck reflex. So, I gave in. One less thing to worry about. And now that the discomfort for me has passed, I am a lot happier.


Except for Molly's constipation. That totally sucks! I'm mixing the stuff right. If anything, I am mixing it with more water than is needed. I guess she just needs time to adjust. The good news is, that she is finally drinking enough. She still only takes 3oz or less at a time, but I read that until she reaches 10lbs, this is normal. And the closer we get to 10lbs, the more likely she has been to take the full 3oz at each feeding. Another worry I can forget about.


Soccer season is still in full swing. And.....Cory made the high school team. He made JV-which was a little bit of a surprise since he is better than some friends who made Varsity. No really...he is. Not just Mom pride. His league coach, friends, and the players themselves concur. Cory just didn't show well during tryouts. On the plus side, his JV coach is a family friend and a fantastic coach! Cory has wanted to play for him for a long time. He has practiced for 2 weeks and already feels that he has improved a lot.


My desktop computer died. The harddrive burned up. Fortunately, I had all the info I needed already on a backup disc. But, now we need a new desktop system for the family. No way am I going to let my kids use my laptop. NO WAY!


I did a LO recently. Just one. The picture is one I took of Cory on Halloween. I just looked at this picture and was amazed to see a MAN looking back at me. He has "man face" now. I decided to mark the occasion.

I should be asleep. We are taking my van in to be repaired tomorrow. My check engine light is on and the engine cuts out at 3000 RPM. Then I have to run home, clean the front room and wait for my visiting teachers. Maybe I should get up and clean.

Nah! cleaning can always wait til the last minute :)

3 comments:

janna said...

Baby constipation is normal. Show us a picture....

Sorry about the computer, maybe your dh can find one on craig's list...

I hope nothing serious is wrong with your van...

Cory sure has changed.


(((HUGS)))

Jo said...

Man...the computer thing just stinks!! I'm dyin' for a laptop but really I don't need it...I SHOULD be off the computer more! Hope the van prob. isn't too bad. I feel your pain for both these breaking down~my washing machine bit the dust Sun. Sigh...

Glad you and Molly have things worked out. Can't wait to see how she's grown:) Speaking of growing! Cory really does have his man face and what a handsome face it is:)

Anonymous said...

Holy moly - a man for sure - and a handsome one at that! Gosh, everyone's kids are getting so big - can sure notice it - having seen so many over the past three-four years online - ugh - we're getting older too! Love your page Dena - looking forward to more of miss Molly!! Take Care!