Tuesday, December 19, 2006

How Did it Happen?

How did I become the mother of a seventeen year old? I still remember what it felt like to hold him when he was a baby. I still remember his laughter when I played peek-a-boo with him. But, seventeen he is. I didn't make him a cake or anything. He was out most of the night with his friends, and just wasn't into cake and the whole shebang. I did get a cake mix. I almost took a picture of an empty chair to serve as the official birthday snapshot :) But he came home in time for me to get a few shots. Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

I still need to do something with Molly's 4 month picture. Of course, I also need to do her 3 month layout.

I don't want to get behind. Catching up on baby books is so hard to do. Cory's book is mostly done. Emily's is basically empty. Daisy's is even worse. And Will's has nothing in it. Lot's of layouts, but the baby books with all of the growth tracking and sayings and first's in it aren't done. I promised myself I would record all of these moments for Molly. I won't get bored with it and blow it off. I will be organized. LOL! Who am I kidding. I am doing ok, but I don't know if I can keep up an entire years worth of milestone layouts. Especially since I still don't have all of my mojo back. But, it is coming back.


I did get a chance to do a Thanksgiving layout. It only took about 3 days, working off and on.
credits: Janna Billman's Harvest kit

Still no tree. But, it's snowing in the high country, and the snow is supposed to get down to 3500 feet tomorrow. So, we may take a road trip to the snow and come back with a tree. If not, then it will be a tree-decorating Christmas Eve. Which, is actually quite fun. And it leaves less time for the cats to knock the tree over.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this thanksgiving page - it's awesome!! The pictures of Cory are too funny - typical teenage pose huh?

janna said...

Love the LO too

janna said...

happy birthday cory!

Anonymous said...

Cory and Sam would be so cute together! I would love that photo...but we would never get them together even if they lived in the same town, would we? They are always on the go. I'm glad Sam has a social life and is driving responsibily. Glad he can just take off whenever he wants. I'm dreading that first phone call, though...the one about the accident...ugh! Although, I guess technically, I already made that call over the radiator incident. Oh well...Happy Birthday Cory!