Friday, July 11, 2008

Hello From Duncan

Well, we finally have internet access and a phone. TV is another thing altogether. I tried to get service, but the wire hasn't been run out to my part of town (I actually live in Franklin, which is a smaller town just south of Duncan....if you can imagine a town the size of Duncan having suburbs, well that is where I am at. In the suburbs.) I was planning on getting satellite, but the tech who was here hooking up my DSL said that they should have cable out here within a couple of weeks. I guess I will just wait. It will be easier now that I have internet access to absorb my time.

And here it is: my Home Sweet Home


Its VERY old. And it's VERY small. But, I am really settling in. I like to walk around my place as the nightly storm rolls in. I walk up and down the ditch. I walk under the pecan trees. I have always loved the way it smells and feels here in the evening as the clouds and rain roll in. It's peaceful. I hadn't realized how much I missed the peacefulness that I find here. I kind of feel like I am finding my center again....as if I am pulling it together after a long period of losing it.

I am really happy.

We are back to Mesa though on Sunday after church. Wow, last Sunday I ran into everyone who was out of town the Sunday that I first showed up. I ran into EVERYONE! And it was even nicer this time. I chatted with the woman who was my mother's best friend when I was little. It was so nice to see her and visit. She was always a beautiful woman and she still is. I ran into the rest of the people who I knew in school. Everyone was very welcoming.

I had to do my grocery shopping yesterday, so we took the hour drive to Safford. Stocking up for 2 weeks is an expensive prospect. And then....on my way home...I got ANOTHER FLAT TIRE!!! The lug nuts were too tight to remove. I was getting desperate, since I had groceries in the van. Fortunately, an old friend from school drove by and helped me. I was so glad that he recognized me on the side of the road and remembered me.

Geez I love being in a small town!! It's rough having everyone know you, but at the same time....it's so helpful having everyone know you!

4 comments:

janna said...

It looks like a nice country house!
& YAHOO for getting internet and a a phone!

How close are the neighbors?

ZeeLV said...

That's so cool Dena! I'm glad you're settling in. You sound happy...and that makes me happy!

janna said...

Are you in mesa moving??
I am think about ya.

Thriftin and Craftin said...

Glad you're settling in. Love the cool porch, and I LOVE the smell of the fresh rain. Thanks for sharing a pic of your lovely country home. It will be filled with happy times and lots of love!