Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I Hate Laundry & Other Stuff

The cute picture from previous was the best part of yesterday's laundry trip. The rest was AWFUL! I didn't pay attention to the temperature outside and didn't realize how hot it was going to get. I didn't take enough to drink. I spent more time there than expected. And.....I ended up with heat exhaustion. It hit, just as I was finishing up. I bought a cold water and slammed it down. Managed to get home OK. Then I rested for a minute before taking all of the towels and blankets out to the clothesline.

Then, at midnight last night......I remembered that I had a load of red clothes in the dryer. It was the only dryer without a glass front, so I forgot they were in there and left them. I knew the laundromat was closed, but I hoped against hope that the door would be open. It wasn't. I looked in the window, and my clothes weren't on the table. That meant one of two things. Either they were still in the dryer, or someone had taken everything. I assumed the former.

Since I had to be up early to pick Barry up from the work bus, I just stopped in at the laundromat on the way. There were all of my clothes on the table. The owner had just taken them out. I got them and went to get Barry.

On to the "other stuff".

My niece Jordan had her ultrasound today. She is having a BOY!!! YAYYY!!! Of course, now I have all of these girl baby clothes and no girl baby to give them to nor room to store them. DI time I guess.

Daisy is on her way to Catwalk with her Primary class. They were given the chance to pick a trip and Daisy suggested Catwalk. We took her for the first time last year and she really loves it. She will get to go swimming there this time though. She has made friends with one of the boys in her class. And, as luck would have it, he lives just down the road from us. It's fortunate that she picked the one kid who lived closest to us as her friend. And she did it before she knew where he lived. It can be rough out here to spend time with friends when they live far away. I remember that.....and my joy at getting a drivers license to end that problem.

Barry is going to get some of my furniture tomorrow. FINALLY!!! And, my wonderful landlord....who also has a home in Mesa....is headed to the valley this weekend with his large haul truck. He takes scrap metal back to Mesa and sells it, then returns with an empty truck. He offered to park said empty truck in front of my house and we can fill it with our furniture. Cory has already agreed to get his friends to help him load up! On Monday.....I should have all of my furniture. The remaining boxes have no lids so I will get them in the van over the next 3 weeks or so.

Willy was so cute this morning. He took Stiffler off of his chain and ran around with him. Stiffler was all smiles! So was Willy
School starts on the 11th. I need to get down and register. I have lost the kids immunization records, but I am pretty sure the last school can send them. I may have Stacy send them directly to me so I can keep a copy.

I should do some housekeeping. Or maybe not.

1 comment:

janna said...

check your dena k cooper email. I sent you something to my private blog.


I hate laundry too. I have about 25 loads to do.

Good thing the owner took them out for you. Only in a small town!